Board of Directors
Community Management
Budget
Governing Documents and Forms.
PATOA Encyclopedia
 

Board Meeting Minutes

These minutes are the records of Board meetings. Binding resolutions adopted by the Board appear on the CC&Rs, etc. page, along with other regulatory documents.

 

Park at Timberhill Board Mtg September 11th 2017

Park at Timberhill Board Mtg January 11th 2016

Park at Timberhill Annual Mtg January 11th 2016

Park at Timberhill Board Mtg December 3rd 2014

Park at Timberhill Annual Mtg December 3rd 2014

Park at Timberhill Board Mtg April 14 2014



Park at Timberhill Annual Mtg November 18 2013

Park at Timberhill Board Mtg November 18 2013

Park at Timberhill Board Mtg November 11 2013

Park at Timberhill Board Mtg July 29 2013

Park at Timberhill Board Mtg Jun 23 2013

Park at Timberhill Annual Mtg Dec 2012

Park at Timberhill Board Mtg Dec 2012

Park at Timberhill Annual Mtg Dec 16 2011

Park at Timberhill Board Mtg Dec 16 2011

Park at Timberhill Board Mtg June 2011

Park at Timberhill Board Mtg December 2010

Park at Timberhill Board Mtg March 2010

Park at Timberhill Board Mtg December 2009

Park at Timberhill Annual Mtg December 2009

Park at Timberhill Board Mtg Sepetember 2009

PATH Minutes March 2009



PATH Minutes Dec 2008

PATH Minutes Dec 2008

PATH Minutes November 2008

PATH Minutes September 2008

PATH Minutes June 2008

PATH Minutes March 2008



PATH Minutes Dec 2007

PATH Minutes Dec Annual 2007

PATH Minutes Nov 2007

PATH Minutes Oct 2007

PATH Minutes June 2007

PATH Minutes April 2007

 


Table of Contents
     
   

 

Meeting Date

Meeting Highlights

Full Text

February 28, 2007

  • New Board member Ben Herman elected, and then appointed as secretary.
  • David Hamby, City Councillor for Ward 8, attended.
  • PATOA's landscaping contract was expanded to include the Meadows at Timberhill catchpond.
  • Prakash Seshadri discussed the CC&R violation letter and fines he received.

Get .pdf

2006 Annual

  • 2005 Annual Meeting minutes were approved.
  • Fred Bruck, Brian Egan, and Curt Wright were reelected to the Board through 2009.
  • 2007 Budget: same assessment fee; PATOA is financially sound .
  • The Welcoming Committee is ready for action in 2007.
  • The ARC had relatively few requests in 2006, but there were some compliance issues.
  • The Monument Committee did a great job.

Get .pdf

December 18, 2006

  • The "natural" area between lots 37 and 38 will gradually be returned to a wild state.
  • The Board and ARC are asking residents to submit paperwork to secure retroactive approval of improvements.
  • The new Financial Penalties Document will be applied starting in January 2007.
  • Todd Lewis continues as President, Curt Wright continues as Secretary, and Fred Bruck continues as Treasurer for 2007.
  • Board meetings will be bi-monthly in 2007.

Get .pdf

October 16, 2006

  • Nominations open for three (3) positions on the Board of Directors. You are encouraged to serve, support your neighborhood. To nominate yourself or someone else, e-mail Board President Todd Lewis.
  • The Board adopted a new Financial Penalties resolution to encourage compliance with the CC&Rs and the Community Guidelines, providing for fines ($15 per day) for non-compliance, and setting forth the procedure for notification, appeal and filing of lien against property, if necessary.
  • The Board approved the operating budget for 2007. No assessment increase.
  • The Board renewed contract with DLS Associates (property manager), Stutzman Landscaping, B. Johnson (backflow testing), State Farm insurance, Washington Mutual, and IX Webhosting.
  • Barren, improperly landscaped section of land in Tract A Common Area on 29th Street to be cleaned up, allowed to return to natural state, in accordance with City-approved original plans.
  • Annual meeting set for December 18, 7:00 p.m. at Kings Crossing.

Get .pdf

Financial Penalties Resolution, dated
October 16, 2006

  • Financial penalties of $15/day can be imposed for ongoing CC&R violations.
  • Penalties of $50, $100, or $200 per occurrance can be imposed for intermittent violations.
  • Notice will be in writing, and owners will have the opportunity for a Board hearing.
  • Unpaid penalties can result in a lien being filed against the property.

Get .pdf

September 18, 2006

  • City-required annual backflow testing completed
  • City landscape inspection completed, developer to replace two street trees on Poppy, below lot 8
  • Community Manager's Administrative Tasks summarized, list now posted on Web site
  • 2007 Budget draft, contract reviews, and consideration of financial penalties for CC&Rs non-compliance set for special meeting October 16 Community Manager to contact lot owners appearing to be encroaching on Common Areas, seeking resolution
  • Rizwana Rehman volunteers to chair Welcoming Committee
  • Kathy McLane commended for landscape beautification at monument sign
  • Picnic Committee and volunteers thanked for wonderful event September 16
  • Kathryn Highley appointed to Board of Directors for remainder of resigning Director Rosemarie Hubley's term
  • Special meeting will be held October 16 to discuss budget and issues. Watch the Next Meeting announcement on the Home page for details.

Get .pdf

June 19, 2006

  • CC&R compliance letters were sent to three owners.
  • The Board will not act on a complaint of noise and chalk drawings.
  • The ARC met, and is rewriting the Guidelines document.
  • The Landscaping Committee has $500 to beautify the monument (sign).
  • Backflow testing on each lot will start soon.
  • Realtors' signs are not permitted on corners.
  • City Landscape Inspection is still pending.
  • We will need at least one new Board member in December. Candiates?

Get .pdf

March 20, 2006

  • The two street trees on Foxtail that were hit by a car on March 8th have been replaced. Stutzman Landscaping Service will monitor the replanting to assure viability.
  • The Board adopted a new Reserve Accounts schedule, based on a report and recommendations made by DLS Associates. This new schedule brings the current funding levels into balance with required accruals.
  • A log of all known requests/applications for Architectural Review Committee action, and the ARC decision on each has been forwarded to the new members of PATOA's Architectural Review Committee.

Get .pdf

February 20, 2006

  • Nearly all assessments for first half 2006 have been received from the PATOA members. Those not paid by March 1 will begin accruing late charges.
  • The Treasurer has requested DLS Associates to investigate moving PATOA funds, where feasible, from the Washington Mutual checking account to an interest-earning account at WaMU, or at some other local financial institution.
  • DLS Associates has compiled a log of all known requests/applications for Architectural Review Committee action, and the ARC decision on each. This record will be forwarded to the new members of PATOA's Architectural Review Committee.
  • DLS Associates has updated the PATOA membership list, with names, mailing addresses, email addresses, and phone numbers, where known/supplied. By law, such a list must be maintained by PATOA. But it will not be made public, nor posted on the Web site.
  • CC&Rs violations: vehicles stored on streets, signs (realtors) in common area. DLS Associates continues to work with PATOA members, involved non-members, and civil authorities to assure compliance with the CC&Rs.

Get .pdf

January 23, 2006

  • Final 2005 financial report shows expenses $2,000 more than budgeted, due mainly to unexpectedly higher water costs and NWCM fees.
  • PATOA changes State Farm insurance representation from Portland-based agency to more convenient local one.
  • Federal and State tax returns for PATOA presented by DLS Associates, signed by Treasurer for filing.
  • Reserve fund for 400' fence along Huckleberry canceled, not PATOA responsibility, moneys moved to PATOA general fund. Board reaffirms fences are responsibility of individual property owners.
  • Reserve fund for 400' fence along Huckleberry canceled, not PATOA responsibility, moneys moved to PATOA general fund. Board reaffirms fences are responsibility of individual property owners.Architectural Review Committee (ARC) to consider rules for satellite dishes, possible amnesty program for unapproved changes to properties.
  • Current PATOA officers re-elected to one year terms: Todd Lewis, President; Curtis Wright, Secretary; Fred Bruck, Treasurer.

Get .pdf

2005 Annual

  • Turnover Meeting minutes were approved.
  • Todd Lewis and Rosemarie Hubley were reelected to the Board through 2007.
  • 2006 Budget: for same fee, better management, backflow testing for homes, fertilizing/pruning of all street trees, a web site, and fully funded reserves.
  • Assessments may be billed annually in 2007.
  • A variety of specific questions about landscaping, finances, etc. were addressed.
  • Welcoming, Architectural Review, and Landscaping Committees were staffed.

Get .pdf

December 19, 2005

  • PATOA will attempt to collect set-up fees for homes purchased during NWCM's tenure; since NWCM failed to assess them, they will be first choice to pay them.
  • PATOA may be one year short in Reserve funding. Investigation continues.
  • PATOA has a new web site, www.ParkAtTimberhill.org, at a cost of $4/month.
  • The Board will be revising and distributing the "Policies, Procedures, and Guidelines for Covenants, Codes and Restrictions Enforcement" document written by Pahlish for Park at Timberhill.
  • Dead trees in common areas have been reported to Pahlish, who is responsible for the warranty. Another dead tree on Tract C has been removed.
  • Owners should cancel private backflow testing contracts.

Get .pdf

November 21, 2005

  • The 2006 Budget was approved.
  • The property management contract with DLS Associates was signed and in force.
  • Landscaping contract successfully renewed with Stutzman, with much better terms, including trimming/fertilizing all home and common land street trees..
  • Annual Meeting will be held December 19 at Kings Crossing. Two Board members will be elected.
  • PATOA will fund a backflow testing contract for all homes, saving $15-$25/home.
  • Board affirmed that it legally could not represent individual owners' landscape warranty claims against Legend/Pahlisch.
  • Wright, Marshall and Ross ARC requests were approved by ARC.
  • ARC recruiting continues; Jim Bowey and Dave Porter have joined.
  • DLS will arrange for removal of dead tree in Tract C (reported by Bob Cook), and will investigate landscaping and fence responsibilities with the City.
  • PATOA's Web site will be moved to a new host. The $84 annual cost will be split with Meadows at Timberhill.

Get .pdf

October 17, 2005

  • PATOA will recruit for Welcoming, Landscape, and ARC committees at the Annual Meeting.
  • The Board will investigate whether Legend Homes provides a warranty on common land trees.
  • Financial statements provided by NWCM are reasonable and consistent. There were some questions on details of some activities.
  • 2006 Landscaping contract awarded to Stutzman (incumbent) provided that extra services are included at no cost increase.
  • Community (property) management was moved from Northwest Community Management (NWCM) to DLS Associates, for reasons of better service and lower cost.
  • Draft budget must be started if it is to be approved in November and presented at December Annual Meeting.

Get .pdf

September 19, 2005

  • The dead tree on common land (Tract C) will be removed at PATOA expense.
  • A homeowner raised a concern about a neighbor not mowing lawn frequently enough. Board to write Guidelines.
  • Trees along streets need planned care. Board to investigate options and funding.
  • Tract A landscaping may not have been completed by developer to CC&R requirements. Board to investigate.
  • The Bowey landscaping ARC request was conditionally approved.
  • Yates' fence ARC request was approved.
  • Landscaping contract was opened for bids.
  • The property management contract was opened for bids. DLS Associates presented their proposal.

Get .pdf

August 29, 2005

  • First-ever owner-run meeting!
  • Meetings will be 3rd Monday of every month until further notice.
  • Annual meeting 12/19 at 7:00 P.M. at Kings Crossing, Kings and Walnut.
  • -
  • Officers elected: Todd Lewis, President; Curt Wright, Secretary; Fred Bruck, Treasurer.
  • Neighborhood party 10/17; flyer will have details.
  • New PATOA web site is www.parkattimberhill.org.
  • The Board is requesting billing details from NWCM and comparing costs with other managers.
  • Landscaping contract to be reviewed for cost/service.
  • Architacture Review Committee (ARC) approved Lot 24 shed request. ARC conditionally approved Lot 37 landscaping request.
  • Next meeting 9/19 at 7:00 P.M. at King's Crossing.

Get .pdf